Reusable Bamboo Fibre Coffee Cups 12oz (340 ml)
Single use plastic is as you know a huge waste and an environmental disaster for our planet.
Did you know that 2017 marked the 30th anniversary: that of the modern single-use “paper” cup. In three short decades, Ecoffee cup estimate over 2 trillion of them have ended up in landfill – oh, in case you’re wondering, that’s 2,000,000,000,000. How crazy is that ?
The average lifespan of a single-use cup is 13 minutes – and due to their plastic content less than 1% get recycled.
Recycling is not really the answer so Ecoffee cup decided they wanted to make a change and the Ecoffee cup was born. Theres no excuse for single use
Every time you use your Ecoffee Cup you’re helping make a tiny dent in the 100 billion single-use coffee cups that go to land fill each year. Next time you use your ecoffee cup, help spread the word and use the #stopthe100billion on your social media posts. Lets put an end to single use plastic cups.
Reusable Bamboo Fibre Coffee Cups 12oz
- Disposable paper cups contain 5% polyurethane plastic, making composting and recycling of disposable cups extremely rare
- Half a trillion disposable cups are manufactured annually around the world; that’s over 70 disposable cups for every person on the planet.
- Most plastic used in the world today is for single-use items.
- 4 billion trees, or 35% of the total trees chopped down, are used in paper industries
- 1 tonne of paper consumes 98 tonnes of resources in manufacture.
- Globally, we consume nearly 300 million tonnes of paper each year; most made from virgin pulp.
- Very little recycled paper is used to make disposable cups due to health risk concerns.
- 70% of the world’s paper comes from diminishing forests, not from plantations or recycling
- Consumer waste has increased more than tenfold over the 20th century, from 40kg to 560kg of waste per person, per year.