The ecoegg Laundry Egg is a unique and innovative laundry washing system that cleans clothes effectively, using two types of natural mineral pellets encased in a recyclable egg.
Containing no harmful chemicals and kind to your skin, the ecoegg Laundry Egg completely replaces laundry detergent and fabric conditioner, giving you a kinder laundry solution.
- The ecoegg Laundry Egg is gentle on skin and was originally developed for people with sensitive skin. The natural mineral pellets contain no harmful chemicals. We are so proud to have worked with Allergy UK to hold their ‘Allergy Friendly Product’ award’ for the Laundry Egg which gives customers confidence and trust in our product.
- The ecoegg Laundry Egg helps to reduce your plastic use. Once you’ve used your Laundry Egg for around 70 washes, you can buy Refill Laundry Egg Pellets which allow you to use the egg over and over again. You’ll need to replace your mineral pellets after approximately 2 months of use (this time frame will depend on whether you have the initial 70 wash egg or 50 wash refills, how often you put a wash on and the machine wash cycle you choose.)
- If you switch from liquid detergent and fabric conditioner to a Laundry Egg you will save up to 40* bottles of plastic each year. (*Based on 7 washes a week and 18 wash bottles.)
- The ecoegg Laundry Egg is suitable for vegans and is cruelty-free. Made without any testing or cruelty to animals, and without any animal derivatives, the ecoegg Laundry Egg is suitable for use by vegans.
- The ecoegg Laundry Egg is suitable for handwashing. Simply place the egg to soak in water for 5-10 minutes then handwash as normal. The Laundry Egg can be used from 15 to 60 degrees Celsius.
- The ecoegg Laundry Egg is cost effective. Not only is the Laundry Egg kind to your skin, it is also kind to your pocket, costing just 14p per wash or 10p per wash when you buy the refills.
- The ecoegg Laundry Egg comes with a 10 Year guarantee.
After 70 washes simply replace the pellets by refilling them into your egg. The mineral pellets in the ecoegg Laundry Egg are non-biological and do not contain any petrochemicals, enzymes, bleaches, phosphates, parabens, SLS/SLES, palm oil or microplastics.
The rmineral pellets are packaged in recyclable plastic bags but they are working on a suitable alternative. The cardboard that we use for all our packaging is FSC approved from sustainable sources and is recyclable. There will be a sticker on the top of the box which is plastic that seals the box.
Please dispose of the used pellets in your general waste bin.
The pellet bags are recyclable (category 5) but cannot be put in your recycling bin at home. Please take the plastic bags to a supermarket where they recycle soft plastics.
Fresh Linen Laundry Egg - Ecoegg
The mineral pellets in the ecoegg Laundry Egg are non-biological and do not contain any petrochemicals, enzymes, bleaches, phosphates, parabens, SLS/SLES, palm oil or microplastics. They will be packaged in recyclabe plastic bags but they are working on a suitable alternative.
The Laundry Egg case is BPA free and recyclable (category 5) and the Laundry Egg pellets do not contain any palm oil, SLS or SLES, parabens, petrochemicals, enzymes, phosphates or microplastics.The cardboard that we use for all our packaging is FSC approved from sustainable sources and is recyclable. We use vegetable-based inks for our print, which contains no petrochemicals.
Disposal: We recommend placing your pellets into your general waste bin once you have used them. Although the ingredients are biodegradable and do not contain any harmful chemicals, we have not tested the effect on wildlife and plants, so cannot recommend putting the pellets in your compost. The pellet bags are recyclable.
Simply open your Laundry Egg and fill the larger half of the egg with the two types of mineral pellets. Close your egg so that it ‘clicks’ and place it in your washing machine on top of your laundry.
The mineral pellets work together in the water to effectively draw dirt from your clothing fibres and soften your clothes by changing the pH, leaving your laundry clean and fresh without using harmful chemical laden detergents. The mineral pellets in the ecoegg Laundry Egg are non-biological and do not contain any petrochemicals, enzymes, bleaches, phosphates, parabens, SLS/SLES, palm oil or microplastics.
https://www.ecoegg.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/670_New_Black_Laundry-Egg-Instructions_Kraft.pdf for instructions on how to use